Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rockin' and Runnin'!

Hope everyone has had a ROCKIN Weekend!   

I haven't posted since Tuesday, so let me catch you up real quick!  I ran on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.  Those were quick 3-4 miles runs!  I am trying to keep those all under a 8:45 pace.  So far so good! 

Today, I ran my long run!  I slept in a little late this morning due to us watching Tech get their booties kicked last night.  I started about 10 this morning and ran 8 miles!  AHHH! It felt amazing!  I never stopped, slowed down or anything!  It was great!  My morning started off with my greek yogurt (blueberry), orange juice, and a cup of coffee with Pumpkin Spice creamer (DELISH!!!)  I let it settle for about 30 minutes and took off!  I felt really good until mile 6.  I got really hungry. I have been trying to train with GU, but I don't know if that is doing it for me!  I only took one (that might be my problem!) If I take more I get super thirsty and I don't run with water or anything.  SOooo, I am still trying to figure out what I can do to not get so hungry!

Advice please??

Oh and did I mention that I haven't gotten a side stitch while running in a couple of weeks! YEA!  The only thing that I can figure out is that I am not eating a lot or at all before I go run!  So far it has worked, but I am also getting tired more easily!  I have been reading up on side stitches and this website has some great information. 

Don't eat within one hour of running and only eat lightly within three hours of running. DO DRINK FLUIDS!!! The stomach drains fluids rather quickly. Dehydration is one of the most common causes of fatigue and should be avoided. 

Me not drinking liquids about 1-2 hours of me running has also helped me not having to stop and go to the bathroom!  BLAH... I hate having to stop and go to the bathroom! 

Next weekend My hubby and I are headed to the mountains!  We rented a cabin and we are taking our big teddy bear with us! 

This picture is a couple of months old, but I was too lazy to get the camera out of the car.  Boss Man is weighing in at about 150 lbs these days.  He loves to snuggle, cry, whine, bark at you, boss you around if you are not paying 100% attention to him!  Like I said, he is a big giant NEEDY teddy bear, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!  I will definately be posting pictures of him in the mountains! 

Hope everyone has a great week! 
About to head to the store and go shopping at Old Navy.  I have a stuff the bag deal!  But SHHHH! My hubby is asleep right now so I have to sneak out so I can go shop!  :o)

Happy Halloween!  Hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment